BackstoryI am throwing my first Halloween party in my new apartment. I'm so excited I can hardly wait! Some friends from the office are coming over and I've invited my family. Dad is doing the cooking which will surly impress.
- 1 hollowed and well cleaned pumpkin
- 2 oranges
- Whole cloves
- 6 cups apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups pineapple juice
- Bowl Prep: Use a medium to large sized pumpkin, gut it out and carefully scrap the inside until it is smooth and clean. You'll be using this for your punch bowl. Using a black marker, draw a Jack-O-Lantern face on it. Set aside until the punch is ready. Add ice to the punch when filled, this will keep the punch cold and help preserve the pumpkin until the party is over.
- For Punch: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stud the whole oranges with cloves, spacing them about two inches apart and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice and cinnamon stick; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the nutmeg, honey, lemon juice and pineapple juice.
- Serve hot in a punch bowl with the 2 clove-studded baked oranges floating on top. To serve in the hollow pumpkin, you may want to cool it first so it doesn't cook the inside of the pumpkin.