- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe comes from my late friend, Kim! Kim passed away in 2010 from lung cancer at the young age of 45! She would always make this delicious recipe when our families would get together for dinner at their house! I was always so skeptical about making it because I was worried about "rolling" the cake in a towel! Kim always told me I could do it and she always had faith in me! Well guess what? I did it and Kim would be so proud! So in honor of Kim, here is her Pumpkin Cake Roll recipe!
- For the cake
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts
- For the filling
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a large mixing bowl, gradually add all cake ingredients and mix well.
- Spray and flour a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan. Line with wax paper. Spray and flour paper. Pour cake mixture into pan and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 15 minutes and turn out immediately onto cloth dish towel that is sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll into a tube shape inside of towel and let cool completely.
- For filling, beat all filling ingredients until mixed well. Unroll cake and spread filling over cake. Re-roll cake without using the towel.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More