PUMPKIN SAGE POLENTA WITH CHICKEN SAUSAGE
- 1/4 of a yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 link Trader Joe's Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 of a roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup drained, rinsed cannellini beans
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup polenta (corn meal)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (you could also use any cooked, mashed winter squash)
- small handful of fresh sage and thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp pecorino romano cheese or parmesan
In a nonstick pan coated with cooking spray, saute onions and garlic until onions are soft and translucent.
Add sausage, peppers, and beans, and heat through.
Keep warm while preparing polenta.
In a small saucepan, whisk together pumpkin and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Add polenta and stir constantly with a fork until it comes together, about two minutes (be careful, it might splatter!).
Remove from heat and stir in seasonings and cheese.
Transfer to a plate and top with sausage mixture