- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self rising flour
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 level tablespoon butter
- 3 level tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- (I felt that they needed a little spice so I added some pumpkin pie spice. I figure about 1/2 - 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or your own blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
- Cream butter with sugar, add egg and incorporate. Mix in pumpkin. Sift together the dry ingredients and mix in the pumpkin mixture and the milk. Knead gently on a lightly dusted board. Cut into rounds with a scone or biscuit cutter.
- Bake in a hot oven (400°F/204°C) for 15 minutes. They stuck a bit to my baking sheet so consider using parchment or a silpat.
- Really a very nice, subtle pumpkin flavor. Tasty with out without the added spice.
NotesMy Australian friend Pug gave me this recipe. It's incredibly simple and extremely addictive!