- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self rising flour
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 level tablespoon butter
- 3 level tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- (I felt that they needed a little spice so I added some pumpkin pie spice. I figure about 1/2 - 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or your own blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
- Cream butter with sugar, add egg and incorporate. Mix in pumpkin. Sift together the dry ingredients and mix in the pumpkin mixture and the milk. Knead gently on a lightly dusted board. Cut into rounds with a scone or biscuit cutter.
- Bake in a hot oven (400°F/204°C) for 15 minutes. They stuck a bit to my baking sheet so consider using parchment or a silpat.
- Really a very nice, subtle pumpkin flavor. Tasty with out without the added spice.
NotesMy Australian friend Pug gave me this recipe. It's incredibly simple and extremely addictive!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More