- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self rising flour
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 level tablespoon butter
- 3 level tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- (I felt that they needed a little spice so I added some pumpkin pie spice. I figure about 1/2 - 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or your own blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
- Cream butter with sugar, add egg and incorporate. Mix in pumpkin. Sift together the dry ingredients and mix in the pumpkin mixture and the milk. Knead gently on a lightly dusted board. Cut into rounds with a scone or biscuit cutter.
- Bake in a hot oven (400°F/204°C) for 15 minutes. They stuck a bit to my baking sheet so consider using parchment or a silpat.
- Really a very nice, subtle pumpkin flavor. Tasty with out without the added spice.
NotesMy Australian friend Pug gave me this recipe. It's incredibly simple and extremely addictive!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More