- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Butter an 11 x 17-inch baking sheet and set aside.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds with vegetable oil and then transfer them to a large, heavy-bottom skillet. Toast over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the seeds crackle and pop and become light golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in the salt. Cool on a clean baking sheet.
- In a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, mix the sugar, water, and corn syrup, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Increase the heat to high and oil without stirring until the mixture registers 290 degrees F on a candy thermometer, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the toasted pumpkin seeds and butter until just combined and the butter melts. Immediately pour the mixture onto the buttered baking sheet and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Allow the candy to cool on a rack until hard.
- Flex the baking sheet, loosen and remove the candy, break it into pieces, and store in an airtight container in a cool place or in the freezer.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More