BackstoryThis is a fun recipe for the Holiday Season. Delicious pumpkin flavor with a fabulous rum glaze.
- 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, thawed but still cold
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, browned
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Rum Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- If using loaf, slice into 16 thin pieces. If using rolls, cut each roll in half and flatten into a 3x3-inch oval. Combine browned butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Spread about a teaspoon of pumpkin onto both sides of each dough piece and then dip both sides into the sugar mixture. Line them up in a sprayed 9x5-inch loaf pan, each piece on its edge, to make a loaf shape. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over the top of the slices. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size. Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 35-40 minutes. Cover with foil last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning. While baking, combine the butter, brown sugar and milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar and flavoring. Drizzle over slices after baked.