- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (1 can 15oz)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 cup all-purpose flour-I use Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp.cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin,sugar,water,vegetable oil and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
- Measure the flour,baking soda,cinnamon,salt,baking powder,nutmeg,and ground cloves into seperate bowl, then stir until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.
- Grease two 9 by 5 inch loaf pans and dust them with flour. Evenly divide the batter between the two pans. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 min. Then remove from pans by inverting them onto a rack and tapping the bottoms. Slice and serve plain, buttered or with cream cheese.
- I use to stoneware from The Pampered Chef. To get the bread to fall right out of the pan, I use Wilton Cake Release before I put my bread mixture in my loaf pan. Since, I only have 1 pan and have a new stove, I decrease my oven temp. 25 degrees less then what the recipe calls for. I also decrease my baking time to 40 minutes at a time. Make sure to be patient to let the bread cool completely before cutting into it so the bread doesn't fall apart! ENJOY...
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More