- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (1 can 15oz)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 cup all-purpose flour-I use Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp.cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin,sugar,water,vegetable oil and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
- Measure the flour,baking soda,cinnamon,salt,baking powder,nutmeg,and ground cloves into seperate bowl, then stir until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.
- Grease two 9 by 5 inch loaf pans and dust them with flour. Evenly divide the batter between the two pans. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 min. Then remove from pans by inverting them onto a rack and tapping the bottoms. Slice and serve plain, buttered or with cream cheese.
- I use to stoneware from The Pampered Chef. To get the bread to fall right out of the pan, I use Wilton Cake Release before I put my bread mixture in my loaf pan. Since, I only have 1 pan and have a new stove, I decrease my oven temp. 25 degrees less then what the recipe calls for. I also decrease my baking time to 40 minutes at a time. Make sure to be patient to let the bread cool completely before cutting into it so the bread doesn't fall apart! ENJOY...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More