PUMPKIN SPICE CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES WITH PUMPKIN MOUSSE FROSTING
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Pumpkin Mousse Frosting
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 24 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: about 20 minutes
- 1 Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
- 2 cups Libby's Pure Pumpkin
- 4 medium eggs (all I had was med., you could substitute 3 large eggs)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup Nestle mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package Jello Instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups Libby's Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Circus peanuts for head
- Mini chocolate chips for eyes (stick on with mousse)
- Orange Slices candy for feathers
Add everything to a mixing bowl except the chocolate chips.
Beat for 2 minutes.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Makes 24 mouth-watering, moist, eat-so-many-you-will-gain-1o-pounds cupcakes!
Whip 2 cups heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
Add 1 package vanilla pudding and beat in.
Add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and gradually beat in powdered sugar.
Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
So the background is...I've been on a quest to get on the Ellen DeGeneres show. I've made lots of cupcakes in her honor and the show has contacted me twice. One of the things they asked me was if I had a Kitchen-Aid mixer and I told them no, so they asked what color I would pick if I got one. So there has been a joke on my blog that Ellen is going to give me a Kitchen-Aid. It's wishful thinking of course, since I haven't heard anything more from them. I figured I'd take matters into my own hands and enter this contest!