- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 12
BackstoryI might eventually change the name (that is if I find a recipe that's more worthy of it, or something). But I wanted to make a pumpkin cake and a special frosting for it. So, one night, I found a recipe and decided to call it Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake. eating a slice of it, is almost like drinking a pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbuck's!
- The Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Libby's canned Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- The Frosting:
- 1 tsp coffee crystals
- •1/4 cup milk or cream
- •1/4 cup cocoa powder
- •5 cups confectioners sugar
- •6 tbs butter
- •1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- The cake: Cream the shortneing and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Stir into the mixture: the pumpkin and milk; blend in flour, baking powser, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and ginger, beating well. Bake in a sprayed
- 13x9 cake pan at 350 for 4 minutes. Remove from pan (or leave in pan to take some where) and allow to cool completely; frost. Tip: Allow frosting to drip down the sides and edges, then smooth it out as much, as possible.
- The frosting:
- Blend everything together until smooth and spreadable.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More