PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 12
- The Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Libby's canned Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- The Frosting:
- 1 tsp coffee crystals
- •1/4 cup milk or cream
- •1/4 cup cocoa powder
- •5 cups confectioners sugar
- •6 tbs butter
- •1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- The cake: Cream the shortneing and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Stir into the mixture: the pumpkin and milk; blend in flour, baking powser, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and ginger, beating well. Bake in a sprayed
- 13x9 cake pan at 350 for 4 minutes. Remove from pan (or leave in pan to take some where) and allow to cool completely; frost. Tip: Allow frosting to drip down the sides and edges, then smooth it out as much, as possible.
- The frosting:
- Blend everything together until smooth and spreadable.
NotesI might eventually change the name (that is if I find a recipe that's more worthy of it, or something). But I wanted to make a pumpkin cake and a special frosting for it. So, one night, I found a recipe and decided to call it Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake. eating a slice of it, is almost like drinking a pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbuck's!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More