- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut loaf of bread dough in half horizontally. Roll each half into a 36-inch rope.
- Brush well with beaten egg. Tie an overhand knot in one end holding end up as a pumpkin stem. Leave the circle open.
- With long end of rope, continue winding in and out of circle (about 4 times) finishing up with the end tucked underneath. This will form a pumpkin shape.
- Cup hands around finished pumpkin sides and plump it up tall. Keep stem above the pumpkin.
- Brush again with egg and place on a sprayed baking sheet. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and allow to double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool, slice off top and hollow out bowls. Fill with your favorite chili, stew or thick soup. Makes 2 pumpkin bowls.
NotesThese are great for stew, chili or any other think soup. The perfect bowl for your Halloween feast!