- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Recipe For Crust:
- 1 3/4 cups (about 1 and 1/2 sleeves) shortbread cookies, crushed (I use Lorna Doone)
- 2-3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Recipe For Cheesecake:
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15-oz.) LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (5 fl.-oz can) CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed toffee candies, (about 25 to 30) (note: It's easier to just buy a package of toffee bits. They should be located next to the chocolate chips and nuts at your local grocery store.)
- 1 Recipe For Topping:
- 1 cup (8 oz. container) sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I prefer a few dashes of Amaretto)
- Caramel ice cream topping
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- FOR CRUST
- COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- BAKE for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- FOR CHEESECAKE
- BEAT cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well. Pour into crust.
- BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven; top with toffee candy pieces.
- FOR TOPPING
- COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm cheesecake.
- BAKE for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.
NotesI found this in a food community on livejournal. I attempted to make this once at Thanksgiving with disastrous results. It came out perfectly the second time around!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More