PUMPKIN TOFFEE CHEESECAKE
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Recipe For Crust:
- 1 3/4 cups (about 1 and 1/2 sleeves) shortbread cookies, crushed (I use Lorna Doone)
- 2-3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Recipe For Cheesecake:
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15-oz.) LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (5 fl.-oz can) CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed toffee candies, (about 25 to 30) (note: It's easier to just buy a package of toffee bits. They should be located next to the chocolate chips and nuts at your local grocery store.)
- 1 Recipe For Topping:
- 1 cup (8 oz. container) sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I prefer a few dashes of Amaretto)
- Caramel ice cream topping
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
BAKE for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
BEAT cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well. Pour into crust.
BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven; top with toffee candy pieces.
COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm cheesecake.
BAKE for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.
Website Credit: http://www.livejournal.com/food_porn