- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package gingerbread cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 (1 ounce) packages sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (12 ounce) container reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water and egg; mix well. Pour into an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, crumble cake. Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes together for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Stir in pumpkin and spices; mix well.
- In a trifle bowl or a 3-1/2 quart glass serving bowl, layer a fourth of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, a fourth of the cake crumbs, and half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with the reserved cake crumbs. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Yields 18 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More