- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package gingerbread cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 (1 ounce) packages sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (12 ounce) container reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water and egg; mix well. Pour into an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, crumble cake. Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes together for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Stir in pumpkin and spices; mix well.
- In a trifle bowl or a 3-1/2 quart glass serving bowl, layer a fourth of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, a fourth of the cake crumbs, and half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with the reserved cake crumbs. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Yields 18 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More