- Cooking Time: .5
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: .5 hours
- 2 tablespoons oil (or bacon fat)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey thighs
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1-3 tablespoons chili con carne chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. pumpkin beer
- 8 oz. chicken stock
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 purple potatoes, frizzled
- Goat cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook until browned. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, beer and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add beans. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more.
- Garnish and serve.
- Purple Potato Frizzles
- Grate potatoes (create thin strips using a mandolin if you have one) and fry in oil until crispy. Drain on paper towels, reserve for garnish.
NotesCreated for Artizone Chicago's Flavors of Fall Cooking Contest: Soups & Chilis
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More