- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) zwieback crackers, crushed (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
- 1-3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Walnut Topping:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts
- Blend zwieback crumbs, the 1/4 cup sugar and the butter in a medium-size bowl. Press firmly over bottom and up side of a lightly buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add sugars gradually, beating until well mixed. Beat in eggs one at a time, until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and heavy cream at low speed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in a slow oven (325ºF) for 1 hour and 35 minutes. Remove the cake from oven, sprinkle with Walnut Topping, bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool cake on wire rack, refrigerate for several hours, or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and pecans, if you wish.
- Walnut Topping: Combine all ingredients.