- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pumpkins (about 4 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup (packed) light-brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Halve the pumpkins, remove the seeds and fiber, then cut into wedges. Place the wedges, skin side down in shallow roasting pans to fit. Cover tightly with foil and bake until, tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Let the pumpkin cool, then remove and discard the skin. Place the pulp in a bowl and toss with the brown sugar, butter, finger, mace, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Purée in batches in a food processor until just smooth. Transfer to a bowl; fold in the sour cream. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cover and reheat at 350ºF in an oven proof serving dish for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve.
NotesI can't remember which magazine I cut this out of.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More