- Cooking Time: 13 minutes
- Servings: Makes 11 pies
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Spiced Cream Cheese Filling (my own recipe)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg, ginger, and cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Whisk dry ingredients (except sugar) together in a medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, molasses and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add pumpkin puree.
- Mix in dry ingredients in 3 additions alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions, beating until just combined.
- Line large baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing 2 inches apart, leaving enough room for dough to spread.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed in the center. Cool completely on wire racks before filling.
- To make the filling, beat cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until blended. Add sugar and spices. Beat just until thickened and well blended.
NotesI sent out a request from my blog asking people to send me their favorite Autumn recipes. This recipe is adapted from one sent to me by Debbie Vassil. The flavors are truly Autumn, but they would be delicious year-round!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cooking for a CureSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce