- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 to 4 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes with their juices
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 4 cups pumpkin or butternut squash puree
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil over low heat. Add the onion and saute slowly, stirring often, until limp but not brown, 12 to 15 minutes. (The slower the cooking, the sweeter the onions.) Stir in 3 cups of the stock, and let simmer, partially covered, about 15 minutes.
- Pour half the tomatoes (including their juice) into a food processor. Add the maple syrup or honey. Process until pureed. Add half the pumpkin and process again. Add this mixture to the simmering stock. Repeat with the remaining tomatoes and pumpkin. (You will have used all the maple syrup or honey on the first batch.)
- Season with salt. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve very hot
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Summertime SippersSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More