- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love pumpkin. I love cranberries. It took some combining of recipes to get the bread right, but this is moist and yummy. I like more spice, so I don't actually measure and I add nutmeg and allspice also.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, water, oil, eggs, sugars, and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Stir just until batter is smotth. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake bread in center of oven 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Turn bread out onto rack and cool completely.