- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of ginger
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 18-ounce can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour six aluminum mini bread pans.
- Stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and ginger in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl stir together the canola oil and honey. Add the pumpkin and eggs, one at a time, and stir to combine. Stir in 1/4 cup of water. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fill the bread pans 2/3 full. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature before slicing and serving.
NotesHere is another canine favorite of Three Dog Bakery. Luke (my Chocolate Labbie) and I made this one year for our canine family and friends. We wrapped it in a cute holiday bag tied it with a ribbon and attached a recipe card. It was a hit!
BakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.