- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. red lentils
- 1 T. butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp. (or so) powdered ginger
- 3 c. vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 T curry powder (or less depending on your powder)
- salt and pepper
- Dunk your lentils in a couple of inches of water, picking off any non-lentil bits that may pop up from the lentil pile.
- Drain the lentils well.
- Heat the butter in a skillet on med-high. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger, and stir around for a minute.
- Add the drained lentils and stir together. Add the vegetable broth and curry powder; heat to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until lentils are very soft. Use an immersion blender in the pot to puree and fluff your lentils. (Alternately, pour the lentil mixture into the blender and do it there.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This makes a flavorful but mild dal.
Notes3 servings (or 1 regular serving and 1 double serving if you’re married to my husband
Decadent Desserts Made From
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More