- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time:
Backstory3 servings (or 1 regular serving and 1 double serving if you’re married to my husband
- 1 c. red lentils
- 1 T. butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp. (or so) powdered ginger
- 3 c. vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 T curry powder (or less depending on your powder)
- salt and pepper
- Dunk your lentils in a couple of inches of water, picking off any non-lentil bits that may pop up from the lentil pile.
- Drain the lentils well.
- Heat the butter in a skillet on med-high. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger, and stir around for a minute.
- Add the drained lentils and stir together. Add the vegetable broth and curry powder; heat to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until lentils are very soft. Use an immersion blender in the pot to puree and fluff your lentils. (Alternately, pour the lentil mixture into the blender and do it there.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This makes a flavorful but mild dal.
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More