- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 cup A-P Flour
- 1/2 cup Cake Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F line 2 (9-inch) cake pans with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add coconut extract; then add eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together both of the flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the coconut milk and flour to creamed mixture alternately in three parts, begin and end with the flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 25 to 28 minutes.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes then un-mold onto rack and peel the parchment, and cool completely.
NotesOK, I will admit that I unabashedly STOLE this recipe from a Food Network Program (Thank you Doreen Howarth of San Antonio TX) since it was requested by my friend as her Birthday cake. I took alot of liberties with it however, since my friend is a key lime fanatic. This contains all my alterations. For the original recipe from the Ultimate Recipe Showdown visit Food Network's web site:
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Veggie breakfast burritos, ready to eat
Santa Fe ChiliSee More