- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Puto Ingredients:
- 4 egg whites (equivalent to 1/2 cup measure), whipped until foamy
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk or diluted evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Meat Filling:
- 1 18 oz container shredded pork in barbecue sauce (store-bought)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- extras/extenders: raisins, carrots, hard-boiled eggs, peas
- Blend well shredded pork and hoisin sauce and add extenders/extras; set aside. Pam-spray muffin pans or mamon molders.
- In a bowl, combine cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix in milk and mayonnaise and beat until well-blended.
- Fold in beaten egg whites. Pour puto batter in greased muffin cups about half-full. Add a tablespoon of meat filling in each cup.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
NotesIndividual muffin-size white cakes filled with ground pork or chicken and extras like carrots, raisins, peas --- puto-pao snacks are getting so popular these days, enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More