- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large cans crushed tomato
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Heat a little olive oil in a large sauce pot.
- Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, capers, anchovy paste, salt and pepper and stir.
- add red wine and stir, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
NotesUse this super fast and easy sauce over pasta, or to add to my Pureed Vegetable Soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More