- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryUse this super fast and easy sauce over pasta, or to add to my Pureed Vegetable Soup.
- 2 large cans crushed tomato
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Heat a little olive oil in a large sauce pot.
- Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, capers, anchovy paste, salt and pepper and stir.
- add red wine and stir, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.