PUTU AYU GULA MERAH ( INDONESIAN BROWN SUGAR & COCONUT STEAM CAKE )
- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 50 grams of glutinous rice flour
- 150 grams of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 175 ml coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cake emulsifier
- 100 grams of grated coconut, steamed in a minute and give a little salt
- Small flower shape cake mold
- Mix the glutinous rice flour and wheat flour, and sifted . Grease all molds with oil, coarsely grated coconut and place in the bottom of the mold, condense.
- Beat the eggs, brown sugar and cake emulsifier and sugar until thick and pale. Add salt, beat well again.
- Put in the flour mixture little by little alternately with coconut milk and stir gently.
- Add the batter to the mold, 3/4 high and steam for 20 minutes
NotesHi all..I'm Indonesian..I will introduce one of of our traditional cake, named Putu Ayu. There are many kind variation of putu ayu, this is the best me and my family favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More