- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy husband and daughter gave these sticky buns their vote of approval. You easily could reduce the nuts to 1/4 to 1/3 cup.
Using refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup butter - melted (plus, some soft butter OR margarine to spread inside the crescent rolls)
- 1/2 cup walnuts - coarsely chopped (used toasted pecans)
- 1/4 cup 2 T brown sugar - packed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 - 8 ounce can crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Sprinkle pan with 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining butter, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove dough from can. Do NOT separate into rolls. Gently unroll. Lightly spread soft margarine on the inside of the crescent rolls. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Re-roll. Cut roll into 8 slices.
- Arrange, cut side down, in prepared pan. Spoon brown sugar mixture over dough.
- Bake until golden brown (approximately 28 minutes). Cool 1 minute.
- Invert unto serving platter. Serve warm.