- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream OR whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, if desired
- In a microwave safe measuring cup (i.e., Pyrex) stir together brown sugar, cream, butter, and corn syrup.
- Microwave 20 to 25 seconds, until almost ready to boil. Stir.
- Microwave 10 to 15 seconds, until ready to boil.
- Stir in vanilla, if desired.
- Serve over ice cream or pound cake.
- NOTE: Recipe easily doubled or tripled.
NotesMany commercial butterscotch and caramel toppings contain artificial flavorings. So, I developed my own recipe.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More