- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream OR whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, if desired
- In a microwave safe measuring cup (i.e., Pyrex) stir together brown sugar, cream, butter, and corn syrup.
- Microwave 20 to 25 seconds, until almost ready to boil. Stir.
- Microwave 10 to 15 seconds, until ready to boil.
- Stir in vanilla, if desired.
- Serve over ice cream or pound cake.
- NOTE: Recipe easily doubled or tripled.
NotesMany commercial butterscotch and caramel toppings contain artificial flavorings. So, I developed my own recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More