- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 to 2 onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery with tops, chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 - 15 ounce can mixed vegetables, drained *
- 1 - 15 ounce can creamed corn
- 2 burrito-size tortillas - use pizza cutter to slice into noodles
- cooked chicken, diced
- In Dutch oven, melt butter. Saute onion and celery for 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth, mixed vegetables, and creamed corn. Bring to a boil and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Heat to a slow boil. Gradually add tortilla noodles. Cook approximately 5 minutes, until noodles are tender and puffy.
- Stir in chicken. Heat only until chicken is hot. Serve immediately.
- * Use your choice of vegetables. I like to use fresh, "in season" vegetables.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More