- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 bag (3 pounds) of Empire frozen chicken wings
- * 2 onions peeled
- * 1 bag frozen carrots
- * 3 stalks of celery cut in 1 inch pieces
- * 2 tablesspoons of Better Than Boulion vegetable bouillion
- * A sprinkle of black pepper
- All into an 8 qt pot. High fire until it boils, then simmer for about an hour and a half. You can skim the fat just after the boil begins and get most of it.
- When it is done, we strain the soup. The chicken pieces go into a separate dish, as do the onions. I love them both, my wife just likes the soup, carrots, celery.
- We wanted some chicken soup and did not have the regular "fixings" in the house. So we improvised. This was an experiment and it came out pretty good. For future use I will also keep some frozen chicken legs in the freezer. That should finish off the flavor just right.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More