QUICK PORK STIR FRY SOUP
- 1/4 pound boneless pork loin, 1-inch slices
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 1 to 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 - 14-1/2 ounce cans lowfat chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (approximate)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch, optional (mixed with a little cold water)
Season pork loin slices with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in Dutch oven. Fry pork loin slices until nicely brown, approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan. Set aside to cool. Then, dice.
Sauté onion slices, mushrooms, celery, and carrot until tender-crisp. Add chicken broth. Bring to boil. Stir in spinach and diced pork loin. Thicken with cornstarch, if desired. Serve immediately.
NOTE REGARDING THE PICTURE: A spoon is under the vegetables so you can see the vibrant colors. There is actually more broth, making this a light soup.