- Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ tsp salt cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tsp basil pesto (I used about a Tbsp for a bit more flavor)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ light sour cream
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- More shredded cheddar cheese for topping if you want it
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray with cooking oil or grease a 13X9 inch casserole dish.
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave the covered pot on the burner for an additional 6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot or frying pan.
- Add the onion and cook until soft and opaque, about 5 minutes. Stir in the broccoli, salt 2 Tbsp water. Saute for 2 minutes, then add mushrooms, red pepper and pesto.
- Cook until mushrooms are softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in quinoa.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and stir in cheddar cheese, ricotta and sour cream. Mix well. Season with pepper and fold into quinoa-vegetable mixture. Spread into the prepared casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
- Bake on the center oven rack for 30 to 35 minutes.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Spring 2013
CHRISTMAS 2012 POTLUCK RECIPE
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Italy or Bust
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More