- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-5 lb fresh ham, boned
- 1/2 c fresh orange juice
- 1/4 c coffee
- 1/2 c drained crushed pineapple
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, slivered
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 8 pitted prunes
- 4 whole dried bay leaves
- 2 bacon strips
- Combine orange juice, bay leaves, coffee, brown sugar, and half the garlic in sauce pan and bring to simmer. Cool, and set 3 Tbs aside. Discard bay leaves.
- Lay fresh ham skin side down on prep surface, drizzle the meat with 3 Tbs of liquid. Sprinkle with dry spices, salt and pepper to taste. Spread the rest of the garlic, the pineapple and the prunes thru meat, then roll and tie it tight. Marinate in the remaining liquid 4-8 hours, refrigerated. Discard marinade.
- Before baking, add a thin layer of brown sugar on top of skin, cover with 2 bacon strips, and then bake 30 min. @ 425, then decrease temp. to 325 and bake according to weight, make sure internal temp is 170. Baste with juices about every 30 minutes.
- This recipe is an adaptation of a Cuban pork roast. There is no oregano, as I don't care for it. The coffee marinade was a simple way to add dimention to the flavors. Try it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More