- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-5 lb fresh ham, boned
- 1/2 c fresh orange juice
- 1/4 c coffee
- 1/2 c drained crushed pineapple
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, slivered
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 8 pitted prunes
- 4 whole dried bay leaves
- 2 bacon strips
- Combine orange juice, bay leaves, coffee, brown sugar, and half the garlic in sauce pan and bring to simmer. Cool, and set 3 Tbs aside. Discard bay leaves.
- Lay fresh ham skin side down on prep surface, drizzle the meat with 3 Tbs of liquid. Sprinkle with dry spices, salt and pepper to taste. Spread the rest of the garlic, the pineapple and the prunes thru meat, then roll and tie it tight. Marinate in the remaining liquid 4-8 hours, refrigerated. Discard marinade.
- Before baking, add a thin layer of brown sugar on top of skin, cover with 2 bacon strips, and then bake 30 min. @ 425, then decrease temp. to 325 and bake according to weight, make sure internal temp is 170. Baste with juices about every 30 minutes.
- This recipe is an adaptation of a Cuban pork roast. There is no oregano, as I don't care for it. The coffee marinade was a simple way to add dimention to the flavors. Try it!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More