- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen my children were small, I had a Portuguese neighbor that spoke no English. She made something very similar to these for me and I "had to have" the recipe. Because of our language barrier, I asked her young daughter for the recipe. It went something like this... "some flour and sugar and about a bar of butter and a mug of milk with some eggs." I Played with the ingredients and this is what I came up with. It's a winner every time.
- 4 eggs
- 3-3/4 C. sugar
- 1-1/2 C. flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 C. warm milk
- Mix eggs with sugar and add softened butter and flour. Mix very well.
- Gradually add warm milk, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour into buttered cupcake tins.
- Bake at 350 for 45 min. to 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Remove from tins while still warm and place into paper cupcake liners.
- Serve alone or with a drizzling of your favorite sauce.