- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryCheesy tomato goodness! I love using Rotel in recipes and this recipe may top them all! I used a knife and fork to eat mine! The ooey gooey cheese running all thru the burger and I wanted to eat it lady like and not with a messy face and hands like my family! :) What a tasty burger! It didn't need any other toppings like lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. Toasting the bun is an important step in my opinion! Nice crispy bun with all the other goodness makes for the perfect burger! I use mild Rotel and it is still a tad spicy but that's what Rotel is famous for, right? Delicious-ness in a bun!
- 1½ pounds ground sirloin
- seasoned salt, to taste
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 10 ounces Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Make hamburger patties and season with seasoned salt.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Grill 4 to 5 minutes each side or until no longer pink.
- Toast hamburger buns on grill or on a griddle.
- Melt Velveeta in the microwave 3 minutes, adding Rotel after 3 minutes. Mix well and microwave 1 more minute if needed.
- Place the burger on the bottom bun and top with cheesy Rotel. Add the top bun and enjoy!