- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line pastry with a double layer of aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 4 to 5 minutes more, or until crust is set.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease in skillet. Cook onion in reserved drippings until tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk and salt. Stir in bacon and onion.
- In a separate bowl, toss cheese and flour together.
- Add cheese to egg mixture; stir well. Pour mixture into hot pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil to prevent burning.
- Let quiche cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More