- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 8 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cream (I usually do 1.5 cups cream and add a little milk, to lighten it up a bit)
- 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese (I like a combination of Swiss, Parmigiano Reggiano, Asiago and I, of course, use more than 1 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425. Take pie crust out to sit at room temp for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine eggs, cream/milk, salt/pepper in a bowl, whisk. Add cheese, onions, and bacon and combine together.
- Place pie crust in pie dish and pour contents in.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, and then bake at 300 for another 30 minutes.
- Let the quiche sit at room temp for another 10 minutes before serving (so it sets).
- Serve with a light mixed greens salad (usually a light balsamic or lemon dijon vinagrette goes well with the richness of the egg, bacon and cheese).
NotesI'm still working on getting the consistency of the quiche correct (playing around with the amount of cream, baking times/temps). AND I have a sneaking suspicion that my old-ass oven in my old-ass apartment is not the best. I always have to keep things in the oven longer than most recipes dictate. In addition, I'm a horrible baker so haven't dared to make a homemade crust. I will try my friend's pie crust recipe soon and if it works, maybe I'll add it, but for now, I'm going to be lame and use the Pillsbury ready-made pie crust.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More