- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (10") flat refrigerated pie crust
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, hcopped
- 1/4 tsp. Lawry's garlic powder with parsley
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 1.25 oz. pkg. Lawry's taco spices and seasonings mix
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 oz.) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Press pie crust into 10" pie plate. Brush inside of pie crust with small amount of beaten eggs. Set remaining eggs aside; keep refrigerated. Bake pie crust, uncovered, in 425F oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove pie crust. Reduce oven
- temperature to 350.
- In medium skillet, saute bell pepper, onion and garlic powder with parsley in oil until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside. In same skillet, brown ground beef until crumbly; drain fat. Add taco mix and tomato sauce; blend well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes. Stir in sauteed vegetables.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining eggs, 3/4 cup cheese and milk; stir in meat-vegetable mixture. Pour mixture into pie crust. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes at 350. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bake 5 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More