- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups powdered milk (Instant, I use skim and it works fine)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cardamon powder (I suggest you ground them up yourself instead of buying it already grounded.)
- Sprigs of Saffron (optional, use it if you have it!)
- Nuts for decoration
- In a sauce pan over medium to low heat, mix powdered milk, sugar and ricotta cheese. Mix well.
- Add Butter and mix thoroughly, the mixture should be smooth and thick in consistency (I have gotten away with just adding 3 tbsp of butter).
- Continue mixing until a yellowish-golden colour comes up. Mix 2-3 threads of saffron.
- Spread into a pan and allow it to cool. Garnish with cardomon powder and nuts of choice (cashews, pistachios or almonds are a wise choice)
NotesI found this recipe when I was searching for "Kalakand" which is a type of Indian dessert. I found this recipe which seemed easy enough. After making it, it was nothing like Kalakand BUT I was not dissapointed, I enjoyed it anyways and have been making it since!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More