- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 poblano chili
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (I used Black Cherry)
- 1 cup sweet white corn kernels
- 1 can black beans (canned including liquid)
- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder(1)
- Heat oil in small to medium cast iron skillet while chopping onion and green pepper into cubes. Sautee onion and green pepper until soft.
- Meanwhile, cut poblano into halves or quarters, core and seed. "Fire Roast" by placing poblano quarters skin side up in 500° F toaster oven for about 5 minutes or until blackened. Remove quarters (careful, they are hot) and drop into ice water to remove skin (or use the traditional method to fire roast the pepper.)
- Chop poblano and add to pan along with halved cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, and liquid from can. Stir in chili powder. Note: the canned black beans that I used contained enough salt to adequately season the entire dish. No extra salt was needed. However, it may be added to taste.
- Warm, stirring gently and infrequently until the tomatoes soften. Serve with a garnish of Four Ingredient Cooling Cucumber Salsa and tortilla chips.
- Option: For a more smoky chili flavor, you may also 'fire roast' the green pepper and the corn.
- (1)The Spice House, Hot Chili Powder
- Nutritional Information -- Estimate only; not including garnishes. Servings: 3 hearty servings. Calories per serving: 237; Protein: 12 grams; Fat 3.5 grams; Carbohydrates: 43 grams; Fiber: 11 grams; Sodium: 28 mg*; Saturated Fat: less than 1 gram; Monounsaturated Fat: 1 gram; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 0. (Note: Sodium may change with canned bean product used.)
- These are my original recipes. Please do not copy, in any form, without written permission.
NotesOk, I'll admit it: I am a total chili head. What's better than spicy chili heat plus fresh produce from the garden?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
MidLife Road Trip's
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More