- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 packages Oriental Top Ramen
- 1 can of Spam (don't let the Spam scare you!!)
- 1 bag Cabbage shredded for coleslaw
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 or 3 TBLS soy sauce
- 2 or 3 green onions
- 4 to 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 or 3 lemons
- Grate or julienne your carrots
- Chop the onion and garlic
- Cube the Spam (Spam is fully cooked and will cook with onion & garlic, no worries about doing this all on the same cutting board)
- Drizzle some oil in a big skillet.
- When the pan is hot, add Spam, onions and garlic.
- Cook until Spam is a little caramelized.
- Add carrots and half of cabbage, or as much as your skillet can hold.
- Add about a tablespoon of the soy sauce.
- Gently stir as cabbage starts to cook down and grind in some pepper.
- Add two of the seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles (you will not need the other three seasoning packets)
- Add the rest of the shredded cabbage & the rest of the soy sauce.
- Continue to cook and gently stir until all cabbage is tender.
- While that's cooking, slice your lemons, eggs and green onions.
- Boil water in a large pot and cook ramen noodles until tender.
- Drain noodles and return them to the pot. Add cabbage mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Serve topped with sliced hard boiled eggs, green onions and lemon wedges.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the noodles and enjoy!!
NotesMy x-sister-in-law, Jenny taught me how make quick and easy Pancit. It's pretty Americanized. Everyone LOVES this. It's a huge hit at potlucks and it's one of the meals that everyone at home just gobbles up. I usually make Lumpia to serve with it. But on it's own it's a quick delicious meal!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Home cookingSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More