- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 packages Oriental Top Ramen
- 1 can of Spam (don't let the Spam scare you!!)
- 1 bag Cabbage shredded for coleslaw
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 or 3 TBLS soy sauce
- 2 or 3 green onions
- 4 to 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 or 3 lemons
- Grate or julienne your carrots
- Chop the onion and garlic
- Cube the Spam (Spam is fully cooked and will cook with onion & garlic, no worries about doing this all on the same cutting board)
- Drizzle some oil in a big skillet.
- When the pan is hot, add Spam, onions and garlic.
- Cook until Spam is a little caramelized.
- Add carrots and half of cabbage, or as much as your skillet can hold.
- Add about a tablespoon of the soy sauce.
- Gently stir as cabbage starts to cook down and grind in some pepper.
- Add two of the seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles (you will not need the other three seasoning packets)
- Add the rest of the shredded cabbage & the rest of the soy sauce.
- Continue to cook and gently stir until all cabbage is tender.
- While that's cooking, slice your lemons, eggs and green onions.
- Boil water in a large pot and cook ramen noodles until tender.
- Drain noodles and return them to the pot. Add cabbage mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Serve topped with sliced hard boiled eggs, green onions and lemon wedges.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the noodles and enjoy!!
NotesMy x-sister-in-law, Jenny taught me how make quick and easy Pancit. It's pretty Americanized. Everyone LOVES this. It's a huge hit at potlucks and it's one of the meals that everyone at home just gobbles up. I usually make Lumpia to serve with it. But on it's own it's a quick delicious meal!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More