- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 12 stalks asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of red pepper flake
- salt (optional)*
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano, freshly grated (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut puff pastry in half and place on a lined baking sheet. Heat oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium heat until fragrant - about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and brush the puff pastry sheets with the olive oil. Arrange asparagus stalks on the pastry and brush with olive oil. Scatter garlic and pepper pieces over the pastry and bake for about 13 minutes, until dough is golden brown and done.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese, if using. If not, lightly salt and enjoy!
- Yields 2 tarts.
- * I didn't use salt and cheese - the cheese adds a bit of saltiness on its own.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
NotesA quick but elegant way to serve asparagus. Cut it into squares and serve as a side or treat it as meal all on its own!
I didn't use salt and cheese - the cheese adds a bit of saltiness on its own.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More