- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 12 stalks asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of red pepper flake
- salt (optional)*
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano, freshly grated (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut puff pastry in half and place on a lined baking sheet. Heat oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium heat until fragrant - about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and brush the puff pastry sheets with the olive oil. Arrange asparagus stalks on the pastry and brush with olive oil. Scatter garlic and pepper pieces over the pastry and bake for about 13 minutes, until dough is golden brown and done.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese, if using. If not, lightly salt and enjoy!
- Yields 2 tarts.
- * I didn't use salt and cheese - the cheese adds a bit of saltiness on its own.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
NotesA quick but elegant way to serve asparagus. Cut it into squares and serve as a side or treat it as meal all on its own!
I didn't use salt and cheese - the cheese adds a bit of saltiness on its own.