- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 quarts chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 Tbls. fresh chopped oregano and parsley, optional
- Heat a little olive oil in a large pot.
- Add onions and carrots and saute two to three minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add celery, chicken, herbs if using, and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook until veggies are tender, about 7 minutes. Ladle soup into a blender of food processor and add some rice (it should be about 1 part broth, 1 part solids, 1 part rice. Very scientific.)
- Blend until smooth. Add more rice or broth as you need to get the desired consistency.
- Freeze whatever you don't serve in ice cube trays or store in the fridge for up to three days.
- *To serve the rest of your soup to the big people, season with salt and pepper and add the rice to the pot to heat through.
NotesA perfect way to feed your baby what you eat for dinner, and to make sure you have included grains, protein and veggies in one meal! Another comforting classic, chicken soup is so easy to adapt to your taste and to feed to baby at any stage. Puree it until smooth for an 8 month old or leave it chunky for a toddler!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More