- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.25 c vegetable broth
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, undrained
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 c diced, peeled russet-type baking potato
- .5 tsp dried thyme
- .5 tsp dried cumin
- .5 tsp Tobasco, or to taste
- Combine onion, garlic, and .5 c of vegetable broth in a large pot. Simmer about 5 min until onion is softened. Add remaining cup of vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, potatoes, thyme, and cumin. Simmer covered for about 25 minutes until potatoes are tender. Thin soup with more broth if desired. Season with Tobasco and garnish with cilantro, diced onion, or cheese.
NotesThis recipe is from Everyday Cooking with Dr. Dean Ornish. Don't let that scare you! This soup is super easy and tasty - the healthy part is a side benefit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Italy or Bust
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More