- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.25 c vegetable broth
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, undrained
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 c diced, peeled russet-type baking potato
- .5 tsp dried thyme
- .5 tsp dried cumin
- .5 tsp Tobasco, or to taste
- Combine onion, garlic, and .5 c of vegetable broth in a large pot. Simmer about 5 min until onion is softened. Add remaining cup of vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, potatoes, thyme, and cumin. Simmer covered for about 25 minutes until potatoes are tender. Thin soup with more broth if desired. Season with Tobasco and garnish with cilantro, diced onion, or cheese.
NotesThis recipe is from Everyday Cooking with Dr. Dean Ornish. Don't let that scare you! This soup is super easy and tasty - the healthy part is a side benefit.
Cooking with Sabra
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Social CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More