- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (15.6oz) pkg quick bread any favor.I like Cranberry or nut.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted.
- 2 eggs, beaten a little
- 1/2 cup baking chips, recommended is white but any of them will do.
- 2 to 5 Tablespoons AP flour
- 1/2 cup melted baking chips of your choice.
- Heat over to 350F spray large cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix quick bread mix, butter, and eggs. stir 50 strokes with spoon until moistened(dough will be sticky) stir in baking chips.
- Sprinkle work surface with 1 to 2 Tablespoon of AP flour
- Turn dough out onto surface and roll dough into a ball, adding flour if necessary to prevent sticking. divide dough in half and form into 9x3 inch loaf placing on baking sheets.placing 4 inches apart on baking sheets. flatten top slightly.
- Bake 350 for 23 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown. cool for 15 minutes.
- On a cutting board cut each loaf into 3/4 inch slices. and Place carefully on baking sheet upright.
- Return to oven and bake 12 to 18 minutes more until golden brown. cool 10 minutes and then drizzle with melted baking chips of your choice.
- makes about 24 cookies
NotesI saw this recipe on a box of Pillsbury quick bread. I made the Cranberry Biscotti with White chips. and it was a hit.
Everyone wanted more. it was easy to make too so I started to make variations of the recipe. like Nut bread with Dark chocolate chips. I made Banana bread biscotti with Pecans and white chocolate. had to add a little more for the Banana Biscotti. Also did the Nut biscotti with Cinnamon chips and more nuts and drizzled with Chocolate chips. Hope you like it .