- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 - 1 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 450.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stirring with fork, add enough buttermilk until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a soft, moist dough.
- On floured surface, toss dough lightly until no longer sticky.
- Roll or press out to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with floured 2 inch round cutter.
- Place biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 8-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serve warm.
NotesI got this recipe from the Pillsbury complete book of baking
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More