- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 - 1 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 450.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stirring with fork, add enough buttermilk until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a soft, moist dough.
- On floured surface, toss dough lightly until no longer sticky.
- Roll or press out to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with floured 2 inch round cutter.
- Place biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 8-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serve warm.
NotesI got this recipe from the Pillsbury complete book of baking
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More