QUICK CINNAMON BISCUITS (MOOSEWOOD RESTAURANT NEW CLASSICS)
- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- Cinnamon Sugar Mix:
- 1/4/c brown sugar, packed
- 2t ground cinnamon
- 1t ground nutmeg
- Biscuit Dough:
- 2 1/2 c white flour
- 2T brown sugar, packed
- 2t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 c + 1T heavy cream
- 3T powdered sugar
- 2-3 t milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 400
- 2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 3. In large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add 1 1/2 c of the cream and stir briskly until dough forms a ball, about 1 minute. with your hands, fold dough over a few times in bowl, until all loose bits are incorporated and dough is smooth.
- 4. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Lightly flour hands and gently pat dough onto 1/2" thick rectangle ~ 9x13 inches. Brush surface of dough with remaining tablespoon of cream. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar mix.
- 5. Starting from long side, foll dough into cylinder. slice into 9 equal rounds. Place biscuit rounds, cut side down, in unoiled 8" square baking dish or pie plate. Bake for ~30 minutes, until biscuits lightly browned.
- 6. While biscuits bake, prepare icing. Mix together confectioners' sugar and milk or cream until smooth. when you remove the biscuits from oven, immediately drizzle with icing. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More