- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbl sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 6 tbl butter (melted and cooled)
- Cinnamon Sugar Filling (see recipe link above for recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dough: in a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add melted butter to dry and incorporate. Add buttermilk in 1/3'rds until dough starts to form, may not need all of buttermilk. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Form into disk, wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Onto floured surface, knead and roll refrigerated dough into a 12 x 9 rectangle, brush dough with butter or egg wash. Sprinkle filling over surface, leaving a 1/2 inch border of plain dough around edges. Press filling firmly into dough. With a bench scraper loosen dough from work surface.
- Starting at the side facing you, roll the dough over pressing it lightly to form a tight log. Pinch seam to seal. Roll log seem down and cut into 8 pieces.
- Grease 9 inch round pan, and place a generous portion of remaining filling on bottom of pan. Place 1 roll in center of pan then add remaining rolls around that one. Put in over and bake for 25 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and invert immediately onto plate. Serve warm.
NotesA pastry arts class recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More