QUICK-FIX CHICKEN QUESADILLA SALAD
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 3/4 cup viniagrette salad dressing
- Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 2 6-oz. packages pre-grilled chicken breast strips
- Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 1/2 cup each finely diced red and yellow sweet pepper
- Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 1 cup thinly sliced onion
Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch strips. Cut strips into 1/2-inch pieces. In small bowl, combine vinaigrette and taco seasoning. Toss tortilla pieces with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. 2. Toss tortilla strips with cheese in plastic bag to coat. Place tortilla pieces on baking sheet in preheated 300 degree F. oven and bake 5 minutes. 3. Combine remaining ingredients in large salad bowl. Toss with remaining dressing. Add tortilla strips and toss lightly. Serve with crusty rolls, if desired.
This salad is hearty enough for a main course and great for warm summer evenings. For crisper tortilla pieces, leave in oven 30 to 40 minutes after oven is turned off.