- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound sage pork sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) package uncooked long grain and wild rice mix, with seasoning packet
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
- Crumble sausage into a skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown.
- In a large pot, mix the cooked sausage, rice mix with seasoning packet, black-eyed peas, tomatoes, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Season to taste with salt.