- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups powdered milk (Instant, I use skim and it works fine)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cardamon powder (I suggest you ground them up yourself instead of buying it already grounded.)
- Sprigs of Saffron (optional, use it if you have it!)
- Nuts for decoration
- In a sauce pan over medium to low heat, mix powdered milk, sugar and ricotta cheese. Mix well.
- Add Butter and mix thoroughly, the mixture should be smooth and thick in consistency (I have gotten away with just adding 3 tbsp of butter).
- Continue mixing until a yellowish-golden colour comes up. Mix 2-3 threads of saffron.
- Spread into a pan and allow it to cool. Garnish with cardomon powder and nuts of choice (cashews, pistachios or almonds are a wise choice)
NotesI found this recipe when I was searching for "Kalakand" which is a type of Indian dessert. I found this recipe which seemed easy enough. After making it, it was nothing like Kalakand BUT I was not dissapointed, I enjoyed it anyways and have been making it since!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Social Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More