Quick Microwave Brownies-in-a-Mug
Why I Love This Recipe
Picture this: You arrive home after an exhausting day at work, hankering for a sweet quick-fix. You don't have the time or energy to make much ado of it, but you want something now and you need it to be quick and easy.
Or another scenario: a friend pops in for a surprise visit. You'd love to offer her a snack, but the cupboards are bare...well, almost. You usually have a few kitchen staples and chocolates around the house. So why not whip up a 3 minute batch of microwave mug brownies??
Mug cakes and brownies were invented for just these scenarios. And who doesn't have a few stray Hershey's chocolate kisses or chocolate chips on hand? Or substitute a 2 tablespoons of cocoa and 1 tablespoon of water for less rich brownies.
Another benefit of mug cakes: they yield just 1-2 servings which makes it hard to over-indulge and break your diet. Be warned, though: these brownies are sinfully rich!
Now all you need is a 12 ounce coffee mug or two and a microwave oven. Your sweet tooth will thank you!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 ounce chocolate*, preferably dark
2 Tablespoons butter or oil, melted
1/4 cup white or brown sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons egg, beaten
2 pinches salt
3 Tablespoons all-purpose or unbleached flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Break or cut chocolates in half. Place in a small bowl with butter and microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and melted.
2. In a separate bowl, beat sugar, vanilla and egg very well. Add melted chocolate mixture and beat thoroughly. (for egg: break egg into a bowl. Use the egg shell to scoop out about half of the egg. You don´t have to be very precise.)
3. Last of all, add dry ingredients (flour, optional salt and baking powder) and stir well.
4. Evenly spoon brownie batter into two 12-ounce coffee mugs.
5. Microwave on high for 50-60 seconds. Don't overbake.
6. Allow brownies to cool at least 20 minutes so you don't burn your tongue.
7. Serve with hot coffee or a tall glass of cold milk. Enjoy
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Brownie